Are you searching for daycare in Spartanburg? We’ve compiled our brand new Daycare Guide to put all your options into one handy place! In this guide you’ll find everything from full time daycare for infants to after school daycare for kids up to 12 years old! We’ve also included some tips to consider when seeking out quality day care options.
- Looking for Preschools? See our Ultimate Guide to Preschools in Spartanburg
- Do you need more after school care options? Check out our Ultimate Guide to After School Care in Spartanburg.
4 Tips for Choosing Quality Child Care
We know selecting child care can be a difficult and stressful task. Derek Lewis, the director of Greenville County First Steps, shared some tips with Kidding Around.
Take a tour: Nothing is more important than taking a tour of the facility. Visit when kids are in class. Walk around the classroom. Talk with the teachers. Ask if you can bring your child back and let him get a feel for it. Just like test-driving a car, you really need to get a good feeling for what a typical day is like.
Talk with the director/owner: Who is in charge? Do they strike you as someone who is calm, rational, and even keeled—or is this someone who panics when things get rough. Every day something unexpected happens in a center. Flexible directors handle stress well, and don’t pass that stress onto the staff or students.
Introduce your child to the teachers: Do they talk to your child? Do they seem comfortable with children and adults? Do they seem nurturing or controlling? Do they talk to you about what you should NOT do, or do they talk to you about what you child WILL do?
Ask some tough questions. Come prepared to ask some hard questions, and expect them to be answered:
- Does your center have any current DSS violations? What was the last violation your center had? There are very few centers with NO history of violations. It isn’t the violations that concern me; it’s how long it takes for them to resolve them.
- Does your center have staff certified in First Aid and CPR? Describe the last time an emergency medical service was called? Again, accidents happen, the bigger question is how did they deal with the accident?
- What professional development opportunities are provided for you and your staff? Typically, staff receive 15-20 hours/year of professional development. Who provides it, what does it look like?
- Does your center have an ABC rating? (This is the voluntary rating system that DSS uses to assess and improve centers) If so, what is your rating? And if not, why not?
- How long has your director/classroom teacher been in place? Turnover is high in this industry, that’s normal, but if everyone has turned over in the past 16 months then it could lead to instability for you or our child.
- Is it secure? Are there cameras? Can people walk in off the street, or is there a locked door? Some centers have 24/7 video surveillance that parents can monitor from home/work. This helps ensure the teachers know someone is watching them at all times.
Day Care Options in Spartanburg
Here’s our list of day care options near Spartanburg. If you know of another option we should include, please share it with us in the comments! You can navigate this list using the buttons in the orange table of contents box or simply scroll through the list!
Daycare by Type
Daycare by Area
Offering childcare for children 8 weeks old through 8th grade. Also offering after school care.
Offering preschool academy, after school care and summer camp.
Montessori school offering full time or part time preschool, kindergarten and after school care for children 14 months through six years old.
Offering childcare for children 14 months through 6 years old. Late stay available for enrolled students.
Offering childcare for children 6 weeks through 5 years old. Also offering after school care.
Full time childcare for children 6 weeks through 5 years of age. Also offers after school care for kids up to 12 years old. 3 Spartanburg locations.
Offering full day childcare for children 12 weeks through 5 years old. Plus after school care for kids up to 12 years old.
Do you know of a daycare in the Spartanburg area that we should add to our list? Share it in the comments!