Want to make this an adventure filled summer? You can adventure right here in Spartanburg with this Kidding Around Spartanburg Passport created by our friends at Play with CMYK. Print out this passport and take it with you as you explore nature, parks, farms, museums, trains and more!
Download and Print Your Passport
Where to Fill Your Spartanburg Passport
To help you out on your adventure, we’re giving you some suggestions for local places you can visit to fill your passport pages!
Passport Page 1: Museums
There are lots of fun and interesting museums and places of historical significance that you can check out in Spartanburg. Downtown has The Children’s Museum of the Upstate’s Spartanburg location, as well as the Chapman Cultural Center’s Art Museum.
- TCMU Spartanburg
- Art Galleries at Chapman Cultural Center
- Hub City Railroad Museum– but you might want to use this free (donations requested) museum for page 2 of the passport.
Passport Page 2: Trains
Who doesn’t love trains? For this passport page you can check out the Hub City Railroad Museum, but there are also a number of other places near Spartanburg where you can see trains. For example, you can spend some time in downtown Greer watching trains or visit the Inland Port for some train shipping container viewing.
Passport Page 3: Watch
What is there to watch in Spartanburg? Well, you could head to Greer for an outdoor movie, catch a show at the Chapman Cultural Center, or see what fun presentations, shows or story times are happening at the library. Don’t forget to check our Spartanburg Calendar for great events that you can watch!
Passport Page 4: Go! Go! Go!
So many places to GO in Spartanburg and so many ways to get there!
- Check out Spartanburg’s Skate Park
- Ride a bike on the Rail Trail
- Rent a boat at Croft State Park or Lake Cooley.
- Watch boats launch on the boat ramp as they come and go.
- Make a little boat out of bark and leaves and let it sail down a creek.
Passport Page 5: Farm
Where does that food come from? Visit a local farm or the Hub City Farmer’s Market and find out!
Passport Page 6: Water
Summer heat and humidity set in? Its time to get cool off with some fun in the water!
- Plan a trip to a free splash pad or a local water park. You’ll find all the info in our Places to Cool Off in Spartanburg!
- If you’re looking for something a little more natural, find lakes, creeks and waterfall pools to play in and enjoy these Swimming Holes in Upstate, SC.
Passport Page 7: READ
Reading is a great summer time activity! Local book stores, libraries and venues host story times, summer reading events and programs and more! Choose one and get reading!
Passport Page 8: Play
Where will you play today? Spartanburg is full of great playgrounds to explore!
- 5 Playgrounds in Spartanburg Your Kids Will Beg You Not to Leave
- Explore Anchor Park on Lake Bowen
- Visit Tyger River Park for one of the Biggest Playgrounds in Spartanburg
- Watch the planes at Spartanburg’s Downtown Memorial Airport Playground (and Splash Pad!)
Passport Page 9: Animals
Searching for animals in Spartanburg? See the animal friends at Spartanburg Science Center or get outside see what critters you see. From bugs under rocks to the ducks in the water, you’re sure to spot some creatures!
- Spartanburg Science Center
- Greenville Zoo
- Zoos and Aquariums within 2.5 hours of Greenville
- Carl Sandburg Home
Passport Page 10: Nature
Get out and enjoy nature! You don’t have to go far to feel away from it all!
- Check out these 5 Places to Enjoy Nature in Spartanburg.
- Explore the Cottonwood Trail
- The grounds at Milliken are open to the public. With several ponds and water features be on the look out for ducks and geese.
- Hatcher Garden and Nature Preserve is a great place to walk and explore nature!
Play with CMYK
Visit our friends at Play with CMYK for more great FREE printables! You’ll find beautifully designed printables that encourage dramatic play and imagination. Many thanks to Adair Johnson at Play with CMYK for developing this Free Printable Greenville Passport for Kidding Around!
Did you complete your passport? Let us know how you liked it!