Ready for ice skating in Spartanburg? Nothing conjures up idyllic images of winter fun like a skating rink full of bundled-up folks on the ice! Luckily Spartanburg residents have a seasonal option in the heart of downtown for ice skating during the winter months.
Beginning Friday, November 20th at 4 pm, Skating on the Square kicks off its season to skaters. For just $10 per skater, you can enjoy an entire day on the ice. The use of rental skates is included and there is no discount if you bring your skates from home. The venue has skates starting with a child’s size 9, up to a men’s 12.
Skating on the Square: Covid-19 Changes
Because things look a little different in 2020 due to COVID-19, there are some things you should take note of before heading out for a day of fun on the ice.
- All skaters will be required to wear a mask.
- All skates will be cleaned before and after each use
- Hand Sanitizer will be provided through the venue
- Touchpoints are disinfected regularly throughout the day
- Everyone entering will be subject to a temperature check. Anyone will temperatures over 100.4 or higher, will not be permitted to enter the venue
- Please social distance while waiting in lines
- There will be a limited number of skaters on the ice at all times
- Socks (not footies) are required to skate
- During extremely busy times (mainly Saturday nights) skaters may have to come off of the ice to allow others to get on. When this happens, they will rotate skaters out every 30 minutes.
- If a skater comes off the ice, they can get in line and get back on the ice again.
Things to Know About Skating on the Square
The rink doesn’t have the skate helper plastic aids that Ice On Main has, so try to decide if your child will be able to skate prior to paying the fee because they do not refund money in the event your child can’t skate. Children eight and under must have an adult on the ice with them at all times.
Hours vary for the rink, and inclement weather can affect it’s open for skaters. It’s always best to check the Skating On The Square social media page before heading out for the most up to date info. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Monday, January 18th, 2021, will be the final day for skating.
There will be concessions offered at the ice rink, plus you have several Spartanburg favorites sitting just feet away from the ice for your convenience! Once you have paid, don’t forget to get your hand stamped. This will allow you to leave, get a meal, a snack, or a coffee from Little River Coffee, and then head back for more fun.
Skating On The Square
108 W Main Street
Spartanburg, SC 29306
Monday – Thursday | 4 – 8 pm
Friday | 4 – 10 pm
Saturday | 11 am – 10 pm
Sunday | 12-8 pm
Special Holiday Hours
Thanksgiving Day | 5 – 10 pm
Christmas Eve | 12 – 6 pm
Christmas Day | 4 – 10 pm
New Year’s Eve | 12 – 6 pm
New Year’s Day | 4 – 10 pm
Martin Luther King Jr Day – (Closing Day) | 11 am – 10 pm