Spring Break is the perfect time to have some fun and explore Spartanburg. We’ve rounded up over 100 family-friendly things to do in Spartanburg this spring break. With this list, your kids will have no reason to say they are bored!
Spring break will be here before you know it! If you are looking for ways to keep the kids entertained while they are out of school (April 1-5, 2019), you have come to the right place! We have put together this giant list of options. Use this list as a planning tool and keep us in the loop by tagging us in all your fun Spring Break photos with #kiddingaroundspartanburg.
Spring Break Camps
There are several single day, half-day, and full-day spring break camps. Check out Spartanburg Spring Break Camps.
Events During Spring Break
In addition to regularly occurring events, these events will also happen during spring break:
Easter is April 21, 2019. Start preparing by looking at the Ultimate List of Easter Events in Spartanburg
April 5th and 6th – Hub City Hog Fest
April 6th – 5th Annual iMAGINE Upstate
Free Things to Do in Spartanburg
- Visit some of our favorite Spartanburg Parks – 3 Amazing Parks in Boiling Springs, Happy Hollow and Cleveland Park
- Spartanburg County Public Library hosts FREE events for kids, tweens, teens, and all ages
- Sparkle City Mini Golf
- Downtown Spartanburg. Here’s What to Do.
- Go on an Artbulb Scavenger Hunt
- Play frisbee at Barnet Park
- Explore Cottonwood Trail
- Fly a kite in preparation of Spartanburg Soaring!
- Ride a bike on the Mary Black Rail Trail
- Have a picnic at Milliken Park
- Volunteer with Kids – See our guide to Kid-Friendly Volunteer Ideas in Spartanburg
- Sundays Unplugged gives you FREE visits to the museums Chapman Cultural Center offers
- Don’t forget to check out our list of 20+ Free (or Cheap) Things to Do In Spartanburg!
Places to Go During Spring Break in Spartanburg
- Go Roller Skating at One of Spartanburg’s 3 Rinks
- Go Bowling at Paradise Lanes or Star Lanes
- Spend some time at Hot Spot Skate Park
- See a movie at one of Spartanburg’s 3 theaters
- Paint at Creative Artists of Tomorrow, Hearts of Clay, or East Main Arts
- If you have little ones, visit the TCMU Spartanburg location
- Check out the Hub City Railroad Museum
- Spend some time at Hatcher Gardens and these other gardens near Spartanburg
- Take advantage of the many things to do at Croft State Park
- Learn something new at Spartanburg Science Center
- Visit Cowpens National Battlefield
- Get physical at Climb Upstate, Big Air Trampoline Park, and Pump It Up
- Have some fun at Speed Factory Indoor Karting and Big E in Gaffney
Things to Do in Nearby Greenville
Greenville has other options for spring break fun. Here are a few of our favorites:
- The Children’s Museum of the Upstate
- Roper Mountain Science Center
- Frankie’s Fun Park
- USA Play
- Greenville Zoo
- Upcountry History Museum
- See 100 Free or Really Cheap Things to Do in downtown Greenville
Places to Visit that are Worth the Drive
- Take a day trip to Chimney Rock.
- Charlotte’s got a lot, and it is only a little more than an hour drive. Choose a day to check out one of the following: Speedpark at Concord Mills, Discovery Place, Carowinds, or Great Wolf Lodge.
- Head towards the mountains and you have your choice of the Biltmore, Western North Carolina Nature Center, Hands-On Children’s Museum in Hendersonville, Carl Sandburg Home, Mountain Play Lodge, and waterfalls galore.
- A trip to Atlanta can include Georgia Aquarium, Coke Museum, and Medieval Times.
- If you are traveling to Charleston, we have family guides to Charleston!
- Take the short drive to Columbia to visit Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Gardens, EdVenture, and the SC State Museum.
- Spring break is also a great time to schedule some college visits.
- Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are also family-friendly spring break destinations.
Fun Places to Dine with Kids
With the kids home all week, this is the perfect time to take advantage of the Kids Eat Free or Cheap in Spartanburg. Also, here are some of the places to take your kids to eat while school is out:
- Fr8 Yard
- Hunt for the best ice cream around town and be sure to check out some of the newest options like Rocky Moo.
- Enjoy Downtown Deli and Donuts
- Eat and play games at Chuck E Cheese, Gattitown, or Fuddruckers
- Where to Find the Best Pizza in Town
What’s your plan on entertaining the kids during Spring Break?