The attraction is preparing to open on June 1st, adhering to the Governor’s Guidelines for public swimming pools listed below –
- Facilities should only allow 20% of normal occupancy or 5 people (staff and visitors) per 1000 square feet of pool and deck area, whichever is less.
- Person-to-person interaction and activities between members of separate households should be limited and
social distancing of six feet between them should be practiced.
- Commonly used surfaces such as bathrooms, doors, handrails, ladders, gates, lawn chairs, drinking water
fountains, picnic tables, etc. should be cleaned and disinfected between each use by a different person, or at a
minimum, once a day.
- Hand sanitizer should be provided for use by all staff and visitors.
- Signs and/or examples of six foot areas related to social distancing should be posted.
- Full compliance with SC Public Swimming Pool Regulation 61-51 is always required.
- Remove from service or regularly disinfect sharable equipment (for example, kick boards, floats, etc.)
- Consider lane reservations to allow family groups to use a lane or specific area of a pool.
- Consider a phased approach to opening that brings back lane swimming and limited number participant classes
before opening for general swimming.
- Life guards should continue to follow universal precautions when rendering first aid of any type to patrons
Guests can pre-purchase passes online.
Exciting Things Happening at Stoneledge Park and Shipwreck Cove
Have you noticed the construction at Spartanburg’s Stoneledge Park and Shipwreck Cove? Kidding Around’s Melanie is sharing what we can expect from these renovations and when we can expect to see them!
Fans of Duncan’s Stoneledge Park and Shipwreck Cove water park, are in for a surprise. The parks are undergoing a multi-million dollar upgrade, that will be completed later this year. If you haven’t driven past the parks recently, you might be in for quite a shock. Don’t worry though, when the dust settles, the park will become a new and improved favorite for locals and visitors.
Stoneledge Park Renovations
Stoneledge Park, was already a local favorite. Situated next to the town water park, it had a great playground with picnic shelters and restrooms. The park even has a delicate water feature, that our family has used as a backdrop for photos. The town of Duncan uses this space for several community events and decided to expand the park to include a recreation center, woodland trail, an outdoor amphitheater for movies to be shown and a multipurpose field. In addition to the new features being added, they also plan to upgrade some of the existing things. This includes a new and improved playground surface.
Unfortunately, the construction was delayed several months by all the inclement weather we received earlier in the year. The area will be secured and ready for the annual Mayfest to happen, however the park and upgrades won’t be completed now until the fall.
Shipwreck Cove Renovations
Shipwreck Cove is also seeing some changes! The addition of a bigger slide, additional pool and an area for toddlers will be added to the existing features of the park. Feedback visitors shared was listened to and Town Administrator Cam Fant, was excited to share the city is taking over management of the concessions. The hope in doing this is, they can offer a better quality selection of food for a better value to the visitors of the park. The park is scheduled to open on May 25th, with discounted season passes being offered during Mayfest at the park on May 11th.
Mayfest – Cancelled for 2020
If you want to have some fun and grab a sneak peak of the upgrades to the park, head over on May 11th for Mayfest. This is an annual festival in Duncan, that includes rides, live music and local vendors. The festival also includes a 5K run and golf tournament that are held away from the park. The festival runs from 10-4, and wristbands for unlimited amusement rides are only $15.
There are so many exciting things happening for this little corner of Spartanburg! If you haven’t enjoyed these parks, we encourage you to check them out!
Are you looking forward to the renovations at Stoneledge Park?